Please disregard this form and call (505) 891-7226 if any of the following is true:
- You have an emergency or a serious crime is happening right now - call 911- A suspect to the crime is known or suspected- Vehicle crashes- The incident did not occur in Rio Rancho, New Mexico- Any kind of follow-up or response by police is necessary- Your vehicle was entered and there is evidence that someone touched anything inside the vehicle (this is potentially an auto burglary and you should contact police immediately)
Please continue to fill out the form for the following:
- Criminal Damage under $1000: When an unknown person damages, or vandalizes any of your property without going in to your vehicle or residence (example -your property is egged, or spray painted but the extent of damage is below $1000)
- Shoplifting under $500 with no suspect information: Example - you own or manage a local business and an unknown person took items without paying for them
- Falsely obtaining services under $500: Example - you believe someone is stealing water (or some other service) from your property and that is reflected on your bill
- Larceny under $500: An unknown person took something that belongs to you without entering your vehicle or residence (example - a bicycle (or any other item) worth less than $500 was removed from your yard and you have no idea who took it)
- Petty Fraud under $500: An unknown person used deception to take money or resources (valued under $500) from you (example - scams and credit card issues)
- Civil Reports: When a citizen desires to submit a report about a civil matter such as a custody dispute, documenting restraining order violations (further action may be required involving an order to show cause)
- Informational Reports: When a citizen wishes to inform the Police Department about any issue (excluding the list of things not covered by this form), even if the issue does not involve a crime (example -neighbor disputes, traffic issues, etc.)
If what you have to report does not fall within these categories, please call the non-emergency number at (505) 891-7226 or if you have an actual emergency, call 911.
This report/form will be submitted over the City of Rio Rancho's Website. Please do not include sensitive information such a Social Security numbers, etc.
After completing this form, and before pressing submit, please print a copy of this form for your records.