Special Dispenser and Celebration Permits

A Permit from the City of Rio Rancho to serve alcoholic beverages any place other than their licensed premise (weddings, catered functions, community fiestas, etc.).

Special Dispenser Permit Application

(Dispenser Type License Holders Only)

Public Celebration Permit Application

(Craft Distiller, Small Brewer or Winegrower License Holders Only)

Private Celebration Permit Application

(For Private events - Craft Distiller, Small Brewer or Winegrower License Holders Only)

Application Process (No later than 15 days prior to the proposed event)

  1. Application - Permittee shall provide a completed application to the City  Clerk's Office at 3200 Civic Center Circle NE, Suite 150, Rio Rancho, NM 87144,
  2. A Detailed Floor Plan of event and a list of Licensed Alcoholic Beverage Servers must be submitted with the application, and
  3. $25 per day fee is payable on the day application is submitted. Not valid for more than 12 hours per day, and shall not exceed 3 days.

Permittee is subject to all state laws, administrative rules, local regulations, and must obtain all necessary permits and approvals for the event where the permit is to be used.  *Permittee must have an active City of Rio Rancho Business Registration to apply for a Special Dispenser or Public/Private Celebration Permit.  Click here for Business Registration Information


The application will be reviewed in accordance with Rio Rancho Municipal Code, Section 112.07 R.O. 2003. After local approval is granted, the applicant shall submit the application to the Alcohol Beverage Control Division for final approval. 

The Alcoholic Beverage Control Division requires applications to be submitted at least 10 days prior to the event. 

*Once processed by the Alcoholic Beverage Control Division, the permittee shall provide a copy of the final approved application to the City Clerk prior to the date of the event at which the permit will be used.

Please contact the Alcoholic Beverage Control Division for further details about the state process at 505-476-4556 or on their website.

A Special Event Permit may be required in certain circumstances.  Please contact the City Clerk's Office at 505-891-5004 to determine applicability and for any other questions.