- Doing Business
For additional information or questions, please contact the City Manager's Office, (505) 891-5002.
Rio Rancho is the 3rd largest city in New Mexico one of the fastest growing communities in the region.
Rio Rancho has been nationally recognized as a best place to live.
New and Forthcoming Development
- In 2023, Rio Rancho was named by Livability.com as one of the 100 Best Places to Live in the United States.
- In 2020, Rio Rancho was named one of the 50 Best Places to Live in America by Money Magazine.
- In 2019, Rio Rancho was recognized by 24/7 Wall Street as one of America's 50 Best Cities to Live.
- In 2018, Rio Rancho was named the 30th Best Place to Live in America, out of over 580 qualified places, by MONEY’S 2018 Best Places to Live in America.
- In 2017, Rio Rancho was named the Best Place to Live in New Mexico by MONEY's Best Places to Live in Every State.
- The community has been recognized by Family Circle Magazine as one of the 10 best towns for families in 2013.
- Money Magazine ranked the city as one of the 100 best places to live in America in 2005, 2006, 2010, and 2012.
- In April 2008, Fortune Small Business Magazine ranked Rio Rancho as the 83rd best place to live and launch a business in the United States.
- In November of 2008, BusinessWeek Magazine named Rio Rancho as New Mexico's best place to raise kids in 2009. Rio Rancho received this same honor from the magazine for 2010.
Census Bureau Population
The following table contains population estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau. Yearly population estimate information from the Census Bureau is released each July and lags one year behind the actual calendar year. Between 2010-2015, Rio Rancho’s population grew by more than 5%. Estimates show that the population is projected to grow more than 15% between 2015-2020.
Gross Receipts Tax
The City of Rio Rancho's current gross receipts tax rate is 7.4375% as of July 1, 2023. Visit the State of New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department website for more gross receipts tax information.