Commercial Business Registration
The City Clerk’s Office is excited about your plans of doing business and is committed to making the process as smooth as possible. This list of resources will help you navigate through the registration process from start to finish. Our office is available to answer questions or provide additional information, so please contact us via phone, email or in-person.
To register a Pawn Shop, Loan Agency, Cannabis Establishment or Secondhand Good Business, click here.
Click here for Commercial Business Registration Packet
*A valid NM State Business Tax Identification Number (BTIN) is required for ALL businesses. If you do not already have a BTIN, please obtain from NM Taxation & Revenue Department by Clicking Here.
Step 2 – Return All Completed Forms Once forms are filled out and signed**, they must be returned to the City Clerk’s Office as follows:
- In-Person: 3200 Civic Center Circle NE, Suite 150, Rio Rancho, NM 87144
- Mailing Address: Office of the City Clerk, 3200 Civic Center Circle NE, Suite 150, Rio Rancho, NM 87144
- Fax Number: 505-994-2557
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
**A copy of required State or Federal licensure MUST be submitted with completed application (for applicable businesses). (See Section 4 for more information).
Step 3 – Review of Application City Clerk staff will review the application to verify completeness and accuracy. You will be contacted via phone or email to obtain missing information. Applications will be sent to the Development Services Zoning Department (DSD) for zoning designation approval.
Step 4 – Scheduling of Inspections Schedule fire and building inspections AFTER City Clerk staff provides approved application back to you in the following order:
- Fire Marshall’s Office (FMO) 505-891-5924. Please retain the Yellow Fire Inspection Report issued by FMO.
- Building Inspection Office 505-891-5006. Please provide the Tracking # when scheduling inspection. If you didn’t receive a Tracking #, please contact City Clerk’s Office.
Step 5 – Submitting Final Paperwork and Processing Once all signatures are collected, submit completed Commercial application to City Clerk’s Office using options listed in Step 2 and include a:
- Legible copy of Yellow Fire Inspection Report issued by FMO.
- Copy of any required State or Federal licensure for applicable businesses.
The City Clerk’s Office will finalize the business application by entering it into the city-wide system and make arrangements for payment of applicable fees. Please refer to the Clerk's Office Schedule of Fees for applicable fees.